Monday, September 08, 2008

I Found Hootie...

...The Blowfishes can't be too far behind!

You may have heard the news; Hootie and the Blowfish have broken up. Sad though it is, rest assured that I have found Darius Rucker. And the reason he left the band is apparently because he wanted to go into convenience store/gas station management at the Speedy Stop in Alvin, and the only way to do that is to start at the bottom.

I must say though, he does handle a cash register well, and always gives correct change. Even in the midst of the 6:45-7:05 a.m. rush. The tree trimming guys and the mowing crews have to gas up and get drinks for the day. And Hootie is the only one working the register. I don't know why, because one of the gals is usually out smoking on a break or shift change or something.

I think he made a good career move, even as a successful musician, you always gotta have something to fall back on...

13 comments:

the photoSmith said...

When i found out Hootie and co. were breaking up i felt "Tears Fall Down" my face and I really wished someone could "Hold My Hand" at the time. I guess he's finally living the "Dream Baby," even if "Hannah Jane" is taking her smoke breaks and taking advantage of him, I say make her work an "Let Her Cry". It's good he's starting from the bottom though, he'll be able to appreciate all the positions "One by One." Maybe they'll get back together and the blowfish will tell Hootie they "Only Wanna Be with You." Until then, "I Will Wait" because only "Time" will tell...

aA said...

Mr. Photo: that's what I woulda done had i knowed any of their songs.

Primo job!

Anonymous said...

smoovely written photosmith, but saddened by the fact that you know so many of their songs! :P

i lol-ed through your whole post aA!

Anonymous said...

This is all too funny! (Like "Anonymous" commented, I too laughed through the whole post!) ;)

DammitWomann said...

LMBO - Great post for a Monday!

Anonymous said...

I'm hip to blowfish, but what's a Hootie?

aA said...

Tex, it's an owl. Actually, Darius Rucker AIN'T Hootie, and the Blowfish aren't the other guys in the band.

They got the name from a couple of guys that they knowed in college; one looked like and owl and the other resembled the fish in question, due in part to his cheeks.

there.

Anonymous said...

I see. So what's the story about these Beatles fellas? They're rockers too right? Don't hear much about them lately though.

aA said...

tex, they're a flash in the pan. never amount to anything. they'll all be working at starbuck's within a month.

what was their names again?

DammitWomann said...

..and the laughing continues...

Trixie said...

OMG, my monitor has a Cracked Rear View now...

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Hey....you still afloat???

Anonymous said...

There is a bounty on Hummingbirds - well, at least in San Jacinto County. $5 per bird - seems the "humming" from their wings makes the cable at Lake Livingston Dam swing out of balance.
Seriously, this may be your BEST WORK to date!
Pathfinder
and glad to be an ex-SJC employee