Monday, November 19, 2007

Swap Day

Allright, Tuesday is "Swap Day" at Alvin Jr. High, and since I have a student there, and I'm off from work, I get to go to the school. And there are rumours of tests. And Choir. Heaven help us all.

And in return, my seventh grade daughter has written a post for the blog. Swap indeed.

Sick As A Dog
On a beautiful Friday afternoon I was supposed to be at school. Instead I was cooped up at home home with a fever and cough. Now, my idea of staying home sick is laying in your bed or on the living room couch, but it was different that day.

I had just awakened from a nap and I was kind of hungry, so I decided to make myself some Ramen noodles. I had made my noodles and settled myself with a blanket on our recliner, when suddenly I heard my dog make a funny noise, then slightly after I heard her start making a smacking noise, but I ignored it because when she does that, she's usually cleaning herself.

After I had finished my bowl of soup, I slowly stood up and started for the sink but I stopped in disgust to find that the smacking sound that my dog had been making was actually the sound of her eating her own puke! I frantically put my bowl in the sink, and while doing so, I was yelling at her to stop, although I knew she wouldn't, I still hollered and ran to grab my cell phone. Quickly dialing my mom's number, I tried to avoid looking at the yellowish oatmeal looking gag, splatted on the carpet, and I blurted out quickly to my mom what the dog had done.

My mom sat laughing at me, because every time I would look at the puke I gagged. I had been on the verge of throwing up myself, so the thought of cleaning it up just about sent me over the edge. So to try to avoid it for awhile I sent the dog outside, grabbed what seemed to be thirty paper towels and set them over the vomit.

A few hours later my older sister came home from school, and asked me why there were paper towels were lying on the ground, I told her the whole story and right after the story she went and let the dog in. Duchess pranced her fluffy little self into the house and as Katie and I started talking about how our day went, little Duchess went and cleaned up the rest of the mess up herself. Katie stood up and walked over to the spot where Duchess was, and picked up the paper towels and the remainder of the vomit, I threw up a little in my mouth and came to the conclusion that I would have rather gone to school that day!

6 comments:

the photoSmith said...

great post! i think your dad should let you guest post more often. very well written! enjoy the swap...

the photoSmith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.
Matsuo Basho

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Ive figured out that everytime im home alone, my dog ALWAYS throws up.....no joke,its happened 3 times!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. You certainly take after your Dad as a word smith. You have real talent. I had to laugh when you were calling your Mom. What child does not call the Mom or the Dad when they are in trouble. Don't be insulted by that, I am 45 and I still do it. Moms and Dads are gifts from God to you, take care of the ones you have. They don't last forever. ;(

God Bless you and your whole family.

A Real Man

Anonymous said...

Awesome Post Baby Girl! Dad needs to let you write more often.

Miss Rene :o)