Sunday, May 31, 2009

I Think I Just Made Them Mad


The skeeters have been getting a little “uppity” lately. The evenings have been fairly windy, so they have been getting not fogged the past week and a half.

Bad move on my part.

I have been thinking about it, but couldn’t quite get out there and smite them properly. It happened kinda suddenly I guess. However it happened, it happened quickly. Just this moment as I am typing, a mosquito flew close past my face and one bit me on the nape of my neck. I have killed them in the shower and the kitchen. I killed another only moments ago on my arm and another on the back of my neck.

I Black Flagged them last evening, and they weren’t swarming me. I thought I was in pretty good shape, catching them a little early.

Turns out they were just in someone else’s yard at the time, and came home to roost this morning. I should have known that they were back en force when I saw the horse on the front lawn, completely drained of blood.

I am going to get out there again just before nightfall; I am tired of going to bed with mosquito repellent on my ears.

7 comments:

innominatus said...

>>>when I saw the horse on the front lawn, completely drained of blood.

Mmmmmm... Horse Jerky!

aA said...

Great. Thanks for saying "horse jerky". Now the Frenchmen will be all over the yard.

Editor said...

Best use of the word "smite" outside of the Bible.

DammitWomann said...

How attractive & romantic - mosquito repellant on your ears.



eewwwwwwwww

the photoSmith said...

i think it might be time to fog for me too. they're getting so big at my house they're actually casting shadows when they're in flight...

invigilator_tex said...

Put on a little extra dab of your Old Spice on the nape of your neck; They won't bite. They won't even lite. I have it on secret authority that O.S. is made with Deet.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I don't have near the hordes that you do, but just enough to enjoy a quiet evening in the back yard with the ocassional ZZZZZPPPT-POW-Snap of my heavy duty bug zapper....

Ah, Romance......