Monday, April 07, 2008

Wordy Guy VIII

OK, for you people craving a new GeezerChron, maybe a Wordy Guy isn't what you were hoping for, but hey, it will have to do for now.

So by now, you know the rules, and this time don't just start up an office pool or use it on your freinds, go ahead and comment with your choice. Take a chance, for cryin' out loud.

So here's the word:

Snurd

A) a stub of paper, as in the claim ticket from the dry cleaners
B) a hidden pocket in the pants of a military uniform
C) contracting to a shriveled form, as in a prune

Please comment. Please? Don't make me beg.

That will be next time.

**ANSWER TIME**
The answer is "C", contracting to a shriveled form.

Of course, there will be those who dispute the definition, but I urge you to trust me and not whine.

Don't make me pull this blog over, 'cuz I will!,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going with A on this one. It just SOUNDS like a stub of paper. Like those infamous chads from so many years ago.

Rob V. said...

You forgot option D. "A word made up by aARON just to ensure that nobody will get the correct answer."

However, if Snurd is not a crazy word made up by crazy aARON, then my guess is B.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna hafta choose A too (me and the 5 other me's). Something about that definition just clings to me.

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

"Snurd": Websters: Slang expression refernencing a person of low athletic ability, care for personal appearance and an atraction to pocket protectors, typically muttered between friends.

"DUDE, see that guy with the Orange Pocket Protector?"

"Yah...S'Nurd."

*Do I get my shrubbery yet?*

Rob V. said...

OK, so if "snurd" really means "contracting to a shriveled form," then I challenge Mr. Geezer to use the word in a sentence. I guess this could be one possiblity -- "I poured salt on the slug and watched it snurd." Here's another possibility -- "I stayed in the hot tub so long that I snurded like a prune." Or, if you want to wax poetical -- "She flew away, like a soaring bird; now my aching heart just wants to snurd." (Alas, and alas. Oh, woe is me).

aA said...

Mr V., I was thinking of two of your sentences EXACTLY, WORD FOR WORD when i posted "snurd".

You never cease to amaze me!

And I never amaze to cease!